We Love Gravatt Week is ALMOST HERE! February 11, is the perfect time for your parish to lift up the value of summer camp at Gravatt. We don’t want you to forget to include Gravatt in your scheduling, which is why we want you to know that “We Love Gravatt” Sunday is February 11, 2018! Children need the faith formation and leadership development found at Gravatt now more than ever. Gravatt has been serving youth since 1949, a place where teams are built, leadership skills are developed, communities are formed, and faith is experienced. Show your support, and get some ideas from the ideas below!
Post to your social media account(s)
- Social media is an excellent way to spread the word about Gravatt. Use your church's social media account once a week, encouraging parents to register their children for a week of camp, sharing experiences from campers from your congregation's experience at camp, or even introducing a member of your congregation that will be on staff this summer.
Use the enclosed bulletin inserts on February 11, 2018
- Feel free to make copies of the enclosed bulletin inserts for your congregation's use on "We Love Gravatt" Sunday.
Have one of the current campers at your church speak during worship
- Don't know who is a camper? Contact us! We're happy to help direct you to someone in your congregation willing to speak about their Gravatt experience.
Donate your offering to the Mac Westmoreland Scholarship Fund
- It is our goal to never turn a child away for financial reasons, which is why we award scholarships to those seeking financial support. Encourage anyone who may need help to apply and donate your offering to help send children to camp that may have never had the opportunity.
Provide a link to Gravatt's website in your weekly e-newsletter
- Give your congregation a direct link to registration by including it in your weekly e-newsletter to make Gravatt as visible as possible.
Hold a Gravatt Q&A session for parents who want to know more about the camp experience
- Utilize the Gravatt folks in your congregation that can answer questions to encourage those who have questions.
- If nothing else, please offer up your prayers on February 11, prayers for a safe, meaningful summer for all involved: campers, parents, and staff as they prepare for another incredible summer of fun and fellowship.