We are THRILLED to announce our new Camp Director: Danielle Steger! In addition to her new role at Gravatt, Danielle is a 7th grade math teacher at Crayton Middle School in Columbia, SC. She has been an vital member of the Gravatt family since she was a camper, and we know she will do an incredible job! Have fun getting to know her!
1) What drew you to Gravatt originally, and what's kept you here since then?
I originally came to Gravatt with a family friend and fell in love with the welcoming community. When I’m at Gravatt or surrounded by Gravatt people, I feel completely comfortable to be myself. The love that I’ve received from Gravatt campers, staff members, and alumni has kept me coming back year after year. I couldn’t imagine spending my summers anywhere else.
2) What are 3 words you would use to describe Gravatt?
3) If you had to eat one Gravatt meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Grilled chicken sandwiches, 100%.
4) If you were a Gravatt animal, what would you be and why?
If I were a Gravatt animal I would probably be a cricket because I’m a night person and can be loud when I want to be.
5) What did you want to be growing up?
Growing up I wanted to be an architect, but I could always envision myself as a teacher.
6) What is the one thing you can't live without?
7) What is your proudest moment at Gravatt?
My proudest moment at Gravatt was being offered the Summer Camp Director position. I’m so excited to give back to Gravatt in such a meaningful way.