How does online registration work?
We've put together this handy little video that will walk you through online registration.

What happens after I register my child for camp?
After you sign your child up for a camp session at Gravatt and pay the deposit to reserve their spot, you will receive a welcome e-mail with links to the dashboard which has links for required paperwork including the online health form, the doctor and parent signature page, and the community covenant. Additionally, you will need to send a copy of your driver's license and insurance card. To print the signature pages without logging into your account, click here. Please submit all paperwork via email to or fax 803.648.7453 or mail to Camp Gravatt, 1006 Camp Gravatt Road, Aiken, SC 29805 before June 1st. 

What paperwork do I need to complete for my child to attend camp?
Please complete the online health form, parent and doctor signature page (confirming your child has had a physical within one year of the first day of their camp session), and community covenant and submit a copy of your driver's license and insurance card by June 1st. Please submit all paperwork via email to or fax 803.648.7453 or mail to Camp Gravatt, 1006 Camp Gravatt Road, Aiken, SC 29805 before June 1st. Campers will not be allowed to stay at camp without signed paperwork.

Can I request my child be in a tent or cabin?
Gravatt's sleeping assignments are determined by age so you cannot request your camper stay in a specific tent or a cabin. 

Can I request my child be in a tent or cabin with their friends?
We understand how important it is for your child to feel comfortable in their bunk. Our bunk mate request policy is fair and simple. Each camper may make one bunk mate request. Please include the name of the requested camper during your online registration. Please note that our staff takes many factors into consideration while making bunk assignments, the most significant being age.  Bunkmate requests between campers who are several years apart in age cannot be honored.  

What is the refund policy?
To reserve your child's place at Camp Gravatt, a deposit is required at the time of registration.  This deposit is nonrefundable, but may be transferred to another session for the same child or a sibling during the same summer.


What should I pack for my child?
Gravatt's suggested packing list can be found here

What should I pack my child's belongings in?
We recommend packing your child's things in a trunk or plastic bin that can be kept at the end of the camper's bed. Some campers also bring a three drawer tower to store belongings and serve as a bedside table. 


Where will my child live?
Camp Gravatt's sleeping areas are made up of platform tents and cabins. The tents are sturdy wooden structures with canvas covers that can be opened to let in a breeze and completely closed to keep out rain.  Each tent has 10 beds to sleep 8 campers and 2 counselors.  Our cabins are wooden, screened structures with bunk beds. 


Can I visit my child at camp?
No. Camper parents may not visit their child during their session. 

Will I be able to see pictures of my child at camp?
Camp Gravatt posts photos on our Facebook page throughout the session. While we hope to post pictures daily, our priority is making sure your child is having a blast at summer camp and often programs or activities prevent us from posting pictures.  These photos are meant to be a glimpse of camp life and not every child will be photographed every day. Additionally, some children do not like to have their picture taken and we respect their choice not to be in photos. Please know your child is having a wonderful time making new friends and creating memories to share with you when they get home. 

How does the mail work?
Mail is important to you and your camper. Write soon, often, and cheerfully. Keeping your tone happy and encouraging is very important to your child's happiness at camp. For example, instead of saying, "We miss you so much!" say, "I bet you're having the best time!" Please write the camper’s name clearly on the envelope or package. It is helpful to include your camper’s tent or cabin number, which will be provided to you at check-in. 

The Camp Gravatt Post Office will be available on registration day. Instead of mailing your camper's care packages and other mail and risking they arrive after the session is over, we invite you to deliver your packages to the Camp Gravatt Post Office on registration day.  We will deliver the package to your child on the day of your choice. We ask you to make a donation to the Mac Westmoreland Camper Scholarship Fund in lieu of postage. 

Suggested Donation $1 - Letter, $5 - Package, or $25 Unlimited letters and packages

Mailing Address:

Camp Gravatt
1006 Camp Gravatt Road. 
Aiken, SC 29805

Can I send my camper a care package?
Of course! In fact, we encourage you to drop your care package off at the Camp Gravatt Post Office on registration day to ensure your camper receives it during their time at camp.  Please do not include any food or candy in your care packages. We have campers with severe food allergies and their safety is our biggest concern.  Fun items to include are playing cards, coloring books, small puzzles, Frisbees, water bottles, books, nail polish, and other small items that are easy for the whole tent to enjoy together. 

Can my camper bring their cell phone?
Cell phones are not allowed at Camp Gravatt. Please help your camper follow the rules and expectations of Gravatt by helping them to remember not to take their cell phones with them to camp.  


How do I get in touch with the summer camp director?
The best way to get in touch with our summer camp director, Beth Jones, is by e-mail. Her e-mail is 

Where do I send my camper's paperwork?
E-mail paperwork to Gravatt's fax number is 803.648.7453.


What if my camper becomes ill at camp?
We have a healthcare supervisor at camp 24 hours a day during the camp session, and the infirmary is always open.  If your camper needs to go to the doctor or stay overnight in the infirmary, our healthcare supervisor will contact you. 

What if my camper needs to take medication while at camp?
During registration, you will have the opportunity to give your child's medications to the healthcare supervisor.  All medications are administered in the infirmary by the healthcare supervisor.  Please include enough medication for the entirety of your camper's stay. All medication must be in the original container. The infirmary has all necessary over the counter medications; however, if there is an OTC medication your child takes regularly, please provide it to be kept in the infirmary along with instructions for the healthcare supervisor.

What if my camper has a food allergy?
The health and safety of your child are our highest priorities. If your child has a food allergy, please include this information in the online health history form so we can make necessary arrangements. Feel free to contact our office before camp to discuss life threatening dietary issues to discuss how we can best accommodate your child. For majorly restricted diets, we sometimes recommend that you provide our kitchen staff with supplemental food.